Human Resources Coordinator (12-Month Contract), Val-d’Or, Quebec
When you join our team as a Human Resources Coordinator (12-Month Contract), under the leadership of the Human Resources
Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of the Human Resources
function for the Val-d’Or mill. This role is a trusted business partner
providing HR advice and expertise and acting as a key member of the Val-d’Or
management team. This role provides overall HR support and guidance, and the HR
Coordinator will be adaptable and responsive to the cyclical needs of the
What You’ll Do
- Provide expertise, support and advice for the mill in all aspects of HR including labour relations, hourly recruitment, onboarding, performance management, leave management, discipline, employee relations, offboarding, hourly compensation administration and compliance.
- Build trusting relationships with mill leaders to ensure the effective delivery of HR programs and provide expertise to identify and address labour and employee relations items.
- Conducts weekly administrative processes related to the pay of unionized employees.
- Be accessible to employees and routinely spend time in the mill and follow up on concerns and issues as they arise.
- Provide support to the operations mill leaders in identifying and addressing employee relations issues and concerns.
- Support the Human Resources Manager in HR initiatives and projects.
- Coordinate labour movement processes and employee training.
- Follow up on open employee files with the CNESST.
- Onboard new employees.
- Conduct and oversee HR related investigations and provide recommendations and reports as needed.
- Administer Interfor policies and programs to ensure compliance that is consistent with our core values.
- Understand the mill’s business objectives and support their success.
- Be active in the community, identifying activities to promote Interfor in the community and put in action diversity initiatives.
- Coordinate and accurately maintain all required HR, training and payroll records and employee documentation for hourly employees.
- Collaborate in a team environment to promote positive relations with Union/Association and Management on site.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Human Resources field.
- Membership in a professional association is an asset.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in Human Resources, ideally from an industrial or manufacturing unionized environment.
- Demonstrated experience in labour relations.
- Recruitment experience and demonstrated success with recruitment and using ATS (Cornerstone preferred).
- Strong understanding of principles of Human Resources and Labour Relations as well as legislative compliance requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Available for travelling on occasional basis.
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding environment with a highly interactive team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clear and concise information in an accurate informative manner.
- Effective listener.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company,
operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer
one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe,
produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and
contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers,
and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are
proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy
and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more
about our approach to sustainability.
is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing
in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
Interfor builds value for our
employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper.
We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and
benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Extended Health & Dental
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With
our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from
within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out
our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all
applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment
drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or