Human Resources Business Partner, Nairn Centre, Ontario
When you join our team as a Human Resources Business Partner, you will partner with
operation leadership to deliver the region’s strategic talent development
activities, administer labour and employee relations, and effectively implement
corporate HR programs and initiatives. Additionally, this role will be responsible for supporting the Regional HR Manager and coordinating with the HR team in Ontario on various HR related tasks
We are open to the successful candidate being based by other Interfor locations in Ontario, including Sault Ste. Marie and Timmins.
What You’ll Do
- Build trusting relationships within the HR team and with leaders to ensure the effective delivery of HR programs.
- Collect, analyse, and report out on key HR metrics.
- Review workforce plans and HR metrics to create internal programs to address skilled trades hiring needs including external sourcing and creating and implementing internal apprenticeship programs.
- Provide support to Interfor’s Campus Student program by attending campus recruitment events, conducting interviews and promoting Interfor’s program.
- Proactively seek out and execute innovative ways to attract and retain hourly employees.
- Support and execute the DEI strategy for the region.
- Liaise within the CAD Ops HR team to ensure consistent approach and delivery of programs.
- Be familiar with and able to complete time and attendance support for 6 ON mill locations
- Build tools for front-line leaders to navigate and document labour and employee relations issues in a consistent way across the region
- Work with safety leaders on issues that may have a direct impact on labour and employment issues.
- Travel as needed within ON Operations to provide HR coverage and assist with implementation of HR initiatives.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Human Resources field.
- 5+ years of experience in human resources, in an industrial environment (ideally in a unionized environment).
- Recruitment experience.
- Skilled with MS Office Suite.
- Experience working with HRIS programs including ADP Workforce Now and UKG (UltiPro) is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel within the region to Interfor mill locations.
- Good understanding of principles of human resources and labour relations competencies and ON legislative compliance requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to communicate clear and concise information in an accurate informative manner
- Effective listener.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Extended Health & Dental
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.