Heavy Equipment Operator – Debarking Plant, Val-d’Or, Quebec
When you join our team as a Heavy Equipment Operator – Debarking Plant, you will
be responsible for operating
actual big machines to unload log trucks, transport wood, feed the plant from the lumber yard, and lots of other cool stuff like that.
What You’ll Do
- Feeding 10-foot logs, debarked or not, to the bucking mill using available machinery
- Unloading the log trucks
- Feeding the mill by transporting wood from the yard to the mill
- Emptying the reject bins and sorting the logs according to our quality standards
- Working as a team with other heavy equipment operators
- Levelling out the yard
- Performing all other related tasks
What You Offer
- Positive assessment of the skills and abilities required for the position
- Minimum 6 months of experience as a heavy equipment operator (loader, mobile shovel, clamp-on wheel loader, forklift, etc.).
- Independent and responsible
- Available and patient
- Good with your hands and meticulous
- Good spatial perception and visual-motor coordination
- Willing to learn (you must commit to successfully completing on-the-job training)
- Health and safety conscious
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.