HD Mechanic Certified, Chase, British Columbia
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a HD Mechanic Certified in Chase. Starting rate for this position is $46.089 per hour.
This position is eligible for our signing bonus program.
Applicants should live in or be willing to relocate to the Adams/Shuswap Lakes area. This is not a camp or remote work facility. A relocation package may be available.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
What You’ll Do
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine extent of repair costs.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools.
- Test and repair equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Service attachments and working tools blades, ploughs, winches and buckets.
- Heavy-duty equipment mechanics repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain mobile heavy-duty equipment used in construction, transportation, forestry.
- Maintain, service and repair marine vessels.
What You Offer
- Able to troubleshoot and repair mobile equipment hydraulic systems and electric/electronic systems.
- Work in and around environmentally sensitive work situations.
- Working knowledge of regulatory legislation.
- PC knowledge would be an asset.
- Work well within a multi functional team setting.
- Have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must hold a red seal ticket in good standings.
- Able to work in a safety sensitive environments.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Be familiar with Maintenance Managed systems and processes.
- On-call availability.
- May be required to work weekends.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.