Harvesting Supervisor, Chase, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Harvesting Supervisor, you will be responsible for contractor management and logging supervision with a strong commitment to safety, environment, and quality.
What You’ll Do
- Supervision of various methods of full phase logging, road building.
- Administrative responsibilities to plan and implement harvesting operations.
- Ensuring excellence and continuous improvement with safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for rate negotiation, and production forecasting.
- Road Maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Contract management of Post harvest activities that may include (Burning and Waste Survey programs).
What You Offer
- Must be an RPF registered or eligible to register with the Association of BC Forest Professionals.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar capacity within the forestry industry.
- Background in road and cutblock layout, surveying, cruising and/or scaling, a working knowledge of harvesting systems including cable.
- Strong computer skills and related software knowledge including forestry applications like LIMS, Survey 123 and SNAP.
- Supervision experience.
- Dependable and high level of physical fitness.
- Provide strong safety leadership and the ability to identify and reduce risk throughout operations.
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude in innovation, harvesting techniques, road construction, and log quality.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with government agencies, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills and ability to work effectively in a highly Interactive / Energetic Team Environment.
- Detail / Results Oriented.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Extended Health & Dental
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.