Harvesting Supervisor, Nakusp, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Harvesting Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring harvesting safety, production, and quality standard targets are achieved.
This role will be based at our office in Nakusp, BC, and ideally the candidate will live in the Nakusp area.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and monitor field activities to ensure Contract terms are adhered to.
- Communicate and report weekly production levels and targets.
- Carry out Environmental and Safety inspections and develop and follow up on action plans resulting from those inspections.
- Prepare incident investigations and follow up on incident report recommendations.
- Ensure contract operations are adhering to all regulatory requirements (e.g., FPPR, WorkSafe, Forest Act).
- Support the Operations Manager (OM) in contract rate negotiations, logistics and scheduling.
- Assist the OM in forecasting harvest volumes, road construction, log sorts and costs.
- Support the Log Quality Program including providing measured data for quality control monitoring and contractor follow-up.
What You Offer
- Preference of 3+ years’ experience in BC Interior harvesting and road construction.
- Eligibility or accreditation with the Forest Professionals British Columbia.
- Clean Class 5 driver’s license.
- Familiar with the functions and processes of BC interior forest harvest systems and road construction techniques, including bridge construction.
- Working knowledge of Forestry Regulations (Forest Act and FPPR), EMS and WorkSafe requirements and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of LRM, LIMS, and Forest Ops is considered an asset.
- Good physical condition.
- Proficiency at using an ATV is an asset.
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and problem solve.
- Commitment to high safety and environmental standards.
- Ability to meet changing priorities in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strategic, innovative, and bottom-line driven business values.
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional peers.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Extended Health & Dental
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.