General Labourer (Heavy Equipment Operator Replacement), Val-d’Or, Quebec
When you join our team as a General Labourer (Heavy Equipment Operator Replacement), you will support the mill to run smoothly by ensuring everything has a place and that the yard and sawmill are clean. Working in a sawmill, you’ll discover that they do more than transform forest products, they also transform our communities.
What You’ll Do
- Fastening bundles of raw wood for drying outside.
- Redoing and stacking bundles of raw or planed wood in the yard.
- Cleaning up the yard and the mill.
- Managing sawdust indoors and outdoors.
- During halts in work, cleaning in places that are inaccessible during operations.
- Feeding the mill by transporting wood from the yard to the mill.
- Feeding and unloading the dry kilns.
- Levelling out the yard.
- Load and unload lumber trucks.
- Handling related tasks requested.
- Submit to a training period as provided for in the collective agreement.
- Obtain a positive assessment of the skills and abilities required for the position.
What You Offer
- Minimum 1000 hours of experience as a heavy equipment operator (loader).
- You must commit to successfully completing on-the-job training.
- DCS, DEC, or equivalent.
- Previous work at a mill is an asset.
- Availability for day and/or night shifts.
- Be able to work well on a team.
- Be independent and full of initiative.
- Show vigilance and a concern for health and safety.
- DCS, DEC, or equivalent.
- Prior experience at a sawmill is an asset.
- Be available to work day and/or night shifts.
- Independent and responsible.
- Available and patient.
- Good with your hands and meticulous, Good spatial perception and visual-motor coordination.
- Health and safety conscious.
- Working well on a team.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.