General Labourer, Val-d’Or (Sullivan), Quebec
When you join our team as a General Labourer, reporting to the team
leader, you will perform various production-related tasks.
What You’ll Do
- Stack and classify pieces of wood and operate different workstations from a control console on a rotational basis depending on production needs and the workstation.
- Verify the quality of wood in transit and ensure compliance with Interfor’s quality standards.
- Clean your workstation.
- Train less experienced staff as needed.
- Perform any other related duties as requested by your immediate supervisor.
What You Offer
- Completed secondary school diploma (SSD).
- Have at least one (1) year of experience as a day labourer.
- Forklift certification is an asset.
- Must be willing to take training on the different workstations.
- Thoroughness, initiative, sense of responsibility, and independence.
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Teamwork and organizational skills.
- Good execution speed and a concern for health and safety.
- Monday to Thursday from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and from 6:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Benefits: The employer offers group insurance, a pension plan with employer contribution;
- Hourly rate: $23.44
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.