GENERAL LABOURER, INTERFOR CASTLEGAR DIVISION
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a General Labourer at our Castlegar Division. Starting rate for this position is $32.08 per hour.
What You’ll Do
- Successful candidates will train in various areas of the mill.
What You Offer
- Highly motivated self-starter with a safety conscious attitude.
- Ability to work in a demanding fast paced production environment.
- Available to work days, afternoon, graveyard or weekend shifts.
- Able to work in an environment that includes exposure to weather, moving mechanical parts, noise, and radiant energy.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in labour and production roles.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication.
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Related training such as OFA3, Forklift, etc.
- OFA3 preferred
- Grading ticket or trade would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process would be an asset.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company,
operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer
one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe,
produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute
to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and
operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are
proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy
and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our
approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one
of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in
exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and
opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering
long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and
We want you to grow
your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and
track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to
‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position
must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor
is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability.