Forklift Operator, Philomath, Oregon
Interfor is seeking energetic and
enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Forklift Operator in Philomath, Oregon.
Starting rate for this position is $23.18 per hour with the potential to grow
to $28.33 per hour based on skill level and experience.
of $3,000 paid in increments over first year of employment.
What You’ll Do
- Operate forklift in a safe manner in accordance with
all Interfor and OSHA standards and guidelines.
- Perform daily pre-shift forklift inspections.
- Must be able to multitask and follow production plans
in a fast-paced environment.
- Load/unload dry kilns and store lumber in the proper staging
- Remove packaged lumber from machine centers and place
either on a kiln cart or in the correct sorting bay.
- Load dry packaged lumber inside to be surfaced through
- Remove wrapped packages and haul to the finished yard
and put in the correct sorting rows.
- Keep updated records of inventory.
- Replace pile bottoms as needed in the yard.
- Load and unload blue racks in machine centers.
- Haul empty kiln carts from the dry yard to the green
- Ensure proper housekeeping standards are met in the
- Work as a team and assist other drivers and
departments as needed.
- Continue to learn and grow by learning all forklift
positions in the mill.
- Perform any duties required as specified by the direct
supervisor or any other mill supervision.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, Standing and Sitting,
Stairs, Bending and Lifting (Up to 50 lbs.)
What You Offer
- Forklift certified or the ability to be certified
within a reasonable amount of time and usually within one training course.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to respond in emergency situations and go
through the proper emergency procedures.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest
products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North
America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers
around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We
strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees
and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management
practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that
contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to
learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest
products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come
be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and
opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering
long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental,
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- 92 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) & 10 Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with
Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of
promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go
Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all
applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment
drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.