Forestry Summer Student, Ear Falls, Ontario
When you join our team as a Forestry Summer Student, you will have the opportunity to work with our Woodlands team on a variety of timber planning duties, including assisting with the operational planning and implementation of harvesting and road construction programs relating to Interfor’s various forest tenures.
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our interns by providing a working experience where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer competitive compensation for students including the following:
- Salaries starting from $3,300 per month based on year in school
- Temporary living and relocation assistance
What You’ll Do
- Assist with daily supervision of forest operations, including road building, road maintenance, harvesting and log hauling to meet the needs of the sawmill.
- Monitor on safety, environment, and product quality.
- Assist with preparing allocated cut blocks for harvest, including data collection and locating boundaries and roads in the field.
- Report on operations’ efficiency and opportunities for improvement.
- Working conditions in a harvesting and silviculture environment include travel to remote operations and time spent out in the woods with established safety regulations and requirements.
What You Offer
- Enrolled in a Forestry related post-secondary degree or diploma program such as Forestry, Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences and/or Conservation.
- Basic understanding of safety rules and regulations.
- Naturally inquisitive with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Physically fit and have the ability to work in challenging weather and terrain conditions.
- Possess excellent multitasking, planning, and organizational skills.
- Business process-oriented with the ability work with and manipulate data.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated team player with strong work ethic.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.