Forestry Summer Student, Timmins, Ontario
Want to explore new horizons? Ready to put your skills to work for a company who cares about the health and safety of its employees? We’ve got the job for you: we’re looking for forestry students to join team Interfor the summer of 2023.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor and measure forest harvesting to improve productivity and efficiency
- Report on operations’ efficiency and opportunities for improvement
- Monitor forest harvesting operations for quality
What You Offer
- Being enrolled in a recognized university or college forestry program
- Having a minimum of one field season of experience
- Having experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, ArcView GIS, GPS technology
- Enjoying working outdoors in a variety of weather and terrain conditions
- Having a valid driver license
- Working independently with minimal supervision
- Being positive and opened to learning
- Producing positive results with clients and contractors
- Demonstrating leadership and flexibility
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
- Commitment towards safety and environment
- Opportunity to learn alongside a talented team
- Salary starting from 3,500$, depending on education level completed.
Apply now by sending your resume, cover letter and two work related references.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.