Finishing End Superintendent, Castlegar, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Finishing End Superintendent, you will be an engaging safety leader who will
manage a highly motivated team in a technical and fast-paced manufacturing
environment. This position will be responsible for the safe and effective
management of the planer mill, production coordination, yard and the shipping
What You’ll Do
- Maintain the highest standards for safety performance and lead with an impeccable personal example and a well communicated vision.
- Manage the planer mill, yards, and shipping (safety, productivity, quality, costs and employee engagement).
- Manage environmental activities including storm water outfalls, dust system, and process water.
- Liaise with the sales department to ensure product alignment
- Lead the continuous improvement process by engaging and developing employees.
- Partner with process control leadership to drive superior results in value creation.
- Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities.
- Manage departmental forecasts, budgets and spending.
- Provide leadership and support for capital projects.
What you Offer
- Thorough knowledge of lumber manufacturing including equipment and processes.
- Strong understanding of lumber products.
- Post-secondary education is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sawmill or planer mill operations at the supervisor and/or superintendent level.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong analytical abilities and working knowledge of sawmill processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Strong business focus and the ability to think tactically and strategically.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor has posted the following expected salary range that the company believes in good faith could be offered to successful candidates. The salary offered is benchmarked to current market conditions and will also be based on numerous factors which can include work experience, skills, credentials, education, and other relevant factors. In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive a competitive benefits package and be able to participate in our Short-Term Incentive Bonus plan, with the payout amount subject to individual and corporate performance. If you have any questions regarding our salary range or our total compensation package, our recruitment team will be happy to advise you on what you can expect from us.
Expected range: $110,000 – $130,000 per year
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. You’ll receive a competitive benefits package including:
- Extended Health & Dental
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Optional (Employee Paid) group Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Participation in our Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.