Executive Assistant, Montreal, Quebec
When you join our team as a Executive Assistant, you will provide admin support and report to the Senior Vice President of Eastern Operations and provide admin support to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, for example, by handling sensitive and highly confidential information. You will also require a high level of professionalism as well as superior organizational skills and diligence to provide admin and coordination services in a complex and changing environment and contribute to the organization’s goals and success.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for the logistics, office technology and admin support activities of the Senior Vice President, Eastern Operations and the Vice President, Sales and Marketing, while upholding information confidentiality.
- Update management agendas by planning and arranging meetings, presentations, teleconferences, and travel as required.
- Plan, organize and coordinate calls, meetings, speaking engagements, travel plans, itineraries, events, and logistics with stakeholders as required.
- Manage general correspondence, answer incoming calls and emails, and apply the appropriate escalation measures and procedures with minimal supervision.
- Write letters, reports or documents and follow up with the people concerned, depending on the nature of the files.
- Organize and coordinate all aspects of company events and social functions for the executive team.
- Handle expense reporting and process invoices and accounts as per established procedures and policies.
- Prepare reports and documentation in various computerized formats (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Greet guests and customers and directly answer requests for information or ensure they are answered.
- Work with your counterparts on the admin team to develop and maintain systems that help the admin function operate in a seamless, successful and integrated manner.
- Maintain your professional and technical knowledge through continuing education, reading, and networking.
- Uphold the integrity of information, the filing system, and backups as per existing policies while preserving the confidentiality of the processed information.
What You Offer
- Hold a college-level training or certification in administration, office technology, or marketing or any combination of education and experience deemed relevant.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience as an admin professional with management or executive teams.
- Relevant experience with large public companies and/or in the resources/industrial products sector is a strong asset.
- Be bilingual (oral and written).
- Proficiency with Office 365 tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Demonstrated sense of diplomacy, discretion and integrity.
- Show independence and professional discipline and be detail-oriented.
- Strong planning, organizational and priority management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, agility and sense of initiative.
- Be a team player with a proven ability to work effectively with internal and external teams.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.