Environmental, Health & Safety Intern, Molalla, Oregon
When you join our team as an Environmental, Health & Safety Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with our Environmental Health & Safety team in implementing and managing world-leading programs and ensuring compliance with all Interfor policies and procedures, as well as the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other agency regulations.
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our interns by providing a working experience where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer competitive compensation for students including the following:
- Salaries starting from $3,850 per month based on year in school
- Temporary Living Allowances of $1,500 per month
What You Offer
- Working towards an undergraduate degree or diploma in Wood Products Processing, Natural Resources, Forestry, Operations Management, Human Resources Management, Safety, Business Analytics, Business Administration, Computing Science, or other related programs.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic understanding of safety rules and regulations is preferred.
- Independent thinker with excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and data presentation skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people across the company.
- Highly organized with the ability to work on many different projects/initiatives simultaneously.
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Working conditions include exposure to mill environment, (heat, cold and noise) and physical functions could include climbing of stairs, ladders, and catwalks at elevated levels, walking on even or uneven surfaces, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.