Electrician, Chase, British Columbia
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to
join our team as a Electrician in Chase, British Columbia. Starting rate for this position is $44.96 per hour.
What You’ll Do
- Work in compliance with the NEC code and NFPA guidelines
- Maintain and continue development of documentation standards
- Work in conjunction with maintenance and operations staff to maximize machine center performance and improvements.
- Contribute in design and maintenance of automated equipment using:
- Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi VFD and servo drives,
- Delta and Rockwell hydraulic servo setworks controllers
- Rockwell and Wonderware HMI’s
- Ignition SCADA and SQL interface applications
- Porter and USNR PC based optimizer interfaces
- Ethernet, Controlnet, Devicenet and IOLink networks
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical parts and components
- Help develop and conduct preventative and predictive maintenance tasks
- Complete assigned work tasks.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
What You Offer
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise
- Sawmill experience is an asset
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Recognize problems and move to correct immediately
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things
- Able to communicate effectively with your team and other departments
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Willing to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- 5 years of industrial experience working with PLC’s, VFD’s with a strong background in Rockwell
- Two year technical degree in electronics or related field preferred
- Experience in 480, 3-phase, single phase and installing electrical systems
- Ability to read and maintain electrical drawings and use electrical test instruments
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.