- Compensation: $44.96/hour
- Applicants should live in or be willing to relocate to the Adams/ Shuswap Lakes area. This is not a camp or remote work facility.
Who We Are
is a growth-oriented and safety focused lumber company with 4 sawmills in BC
and a total of 17 mills across North America. We have an annual production
capacity of approximately 3 billion board feet and provide sustainable and
environmentally friendly forest products to our customers around the
What We Offer
- Work-Life Balance: Work schedules that allow you to be home each night.
- Compensation: Competitive wage and benefits. Benefits plan includes: extend health and dental, life and disability, short- and long-term disability, pension, EAP and profit sharing.
- Career Growth: Training, development, and growth opportunities in a stable environment.
- Culture: Interfor builds value for employees by providing a career where they contribute, grow and prosper. We bring out the best in our employees by offering long-term, rewarding careers supported by training and education, opportunities for promotion, and great benefits. We’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
What You’ll Do
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, following all safety rules and regulations.
- Preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of sawmill, planer and kiln hot oil system electrical equipment and controls.
- Set up, troubleshoot and repair PLC and HMI systems.
- Evaluate equipment operation and make recommendation for repairs.
- Solve problems and work as part of a team focused on machine reliability and breakdown prevention.
What You Offer
- Must be a Certified Red Seal Electrician or equivalent.
- Strong safety background.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of PCL.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to make positive contributions to a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot VFD drives, optimizer systems, scanners and computer skills would be an asset.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.