Electrical PLC and Controls Supervisor, Swainsboro, Georgia
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical PLC and Controls Supervisor for our sawmill in Swainsboro, GA. The Electrical PLC and Controls Supervisor will be responsible for the electrical department and staff, and will provide technical expertise in machine automation and electrical systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving continuous improvement in electrical systems and process controls to enhance mill operating efficiency. They will support consistency and compatibility in the process control program through implementing standards along with training and support of mill electronic technicians and electricians.
What You’ll Do
Plan and coordinate electrical day to day tasks and improvement projects throughout the plant site.
- Hands on involvement in machinery troubleshooting when required.
- Assist the Maintenance Planner in assigning work tasks and set priorities for electrical staff ensuring safety, quality and efficiency.
- Provide process control and automation programming and troubleshooting expertise.
- Work in conjunction with maintenance and operations staff to maximize machine center performance and improvement.
- Design and implement/manage the update of control systems from old technology to new technology (such as Allen-Bradley PLC-5 systems to ControlLogix).
- Upgrade and fine tune control systems to improve equipment performance.
- Assist in developing data acquisition and reporting.
- Develop electrical crew through mentoring and training.
- Provide leadership and support for Capital Projects.
- Maintain electrical shop supplies and spare parts inventory.
- Review existing electrical engineering criteria to identify necessary revisions, deletions, or amendments to outdated material.
What You Offer
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an industrial electrician, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS for electrical work order management.
- PLC and HMI programming experience.
- Proven track record of electrical equipment troubleshooting, repair and installation.
- Experience in developing mill standards and implementing best practices in an electrical department.
- Post-secondary education is preferred.
- Ability to follow and promote site safety policy and procedures.
- Strong Organizational and Leadership Skills.
- Superior troubleshooting/Problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Entrepreneurial and future vision driven leadership.
- Comprehensive understanding of electrical distribution (MCC’s, Transformers).
- Comprehensive knowledge of PLC’s including advanced programming.
- Comprehensive knowledge of variable frequency drives, AC/DC motors and their controls.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pneumatic and electronic instrumentation.
- Understanding of wireless technology implementation.
- Detail and results oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills – including Microsoft Office.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.