Automation Controls Specialist, Eatonton, Georgia
When you join our team as a Automation Controls Specialist, you will be responsible for the electrical department and staff, and will provide technical expertise in machine automation and electrical systems. The successful candidate will also be responsible for driving continuous improvement in electrical systems and process controls to enhance mill operating efficiency.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and coordinate electrical day to day tasks and improvement projects throughout the plant site.
- Hands on involvement in machinery troubleshooting when required.
- Assist the Maintenance Planner in assigning work tasks and set priorities for electrical staff ensuring safety, quality and efficiency.
- Provide process control and automation programming and troubleshooting expertise.
- Work in conjunction with maintenance and operations staff to maximize machine center performance and improvement.
- Design and implement/manage the update of control systems from old technology to new technology (such as Allen-Bradley PLC-5 systems to ControlLogix).
- Upgrade and fine tune control systems to improve equipment performance.
- Assist in developing data acquisition and reporting.
- Develop electrical crew through mentoring and training.
- Provide leadership and support for Capital Projects.
- Maintain electrical shop supplies and spare parts inventory.
What You Offer
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an industrial electrician, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS for electrical work order management.
- PLC and HMI programming experience.
- Proven track record of electrical equipment troubleshooting, repair and installation.
- Experience in developing mill standards and implementing best practices in an electrical department.
- Post-secondary education is preferred.
- Ability to follow and promote site safety policy and procedures.
- Strong Organizational and Leadership Skills.
- Superior troubleshooting/Problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Entrepreneurial and future vision driven leadership.
- Comprehensive understanding of electrical distribution (MCC’s, Transformers).
- Comprehensive knowledge of PLC’s including advanced programming.
- Comprehensive knowledge of variable frequency drives, AC/DC motors and their controls.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pneumatic and electronic instrumentation.
- Understanding of wireless technology implementation.
- Detail and results oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills – including Microsoft Office.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.