EHS Coordinator (Woodlands), Val-d’Or, Quebec
When you join our team as a EHS Coordinator (Woodlands), you will play a key supporting role with the Quebec Woodlands team. The successful
candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the safety and environmental
needs of our staff and contractor operations are met in the areas of policy,
program, procedure and implementation. This includes safety and environment
action plans, regulatory training and compliance, emergency preparation and
response, safety inspections, incident investigations, root cause analysis and
follow-up special projects and will be called to work
closely with the relevant corporate teams to improve the Interfor
safety and environmental culture.
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership in safety by supporting and ensuring adherence to company safety and environmental processes and objectives.
- Facilitate and coordinate safety committees, safety improvement project teams, contractor safety meetings etc.
- Develop and implement emergency response plans.
- Create and implement safe work procedures.
- Assist in accident/incident investigations – help with investigative process as well as ensuring follow up actions are completed in a timely fashion.
- Maintain the operational safety database, safety communications and safety tracking programs (incidents, Medical Incident Rate, Contractor onboarding, drills, safety alerts etc.).
- Manage and maintain the workplace health and safety statistics and produce reports to identify trends and preventive measures.
- Coordinate light duty and return to work programs by collaborating with regulatory and/or a 3rd party claims management company.
- Coordinate and track Woodlands staff training and onboarding.
- Support the development and tracking of legal service agreements and the onboarding of contractors to Interfor’s reporting and safety expectations.
- Coordinating timely entry of data into a database system as required.
- Coordination of staff recognition items, events and safety supplies.
What You Offer
- At least 3 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills.
- Familiarity and knowledge of forest operations, legislation and OHS regulations would be considered an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- French required (English and French bilingualism would be considered an asset)
- Discretion in handling confidential matters; tact and diplomacy.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to function in an independent manner as well as proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to problem solve.
- Professional decorum.
- Resourceful, self-starter with a passion for business and process improvement.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.