EHS Coordinator, Molalla, Oregon
When you join our team as a EHS Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating all safety related programs and procedures at Interfor’s Molalla Division.
What You’ll Do
- Oversight of the Environment, Health, and Safety program for the operation.
- Develop and coordinate safety training.
- Ensure that safety onboarding training is completed for new hires.
- Manage and maintain safety and environmental documentation.
- Lead safety investigations and improvement programs.
- Perform employee safety coaching and safety and hazard recognition training.
- Perform routine audits and create corrective actions to address safety and environment issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of mill and department safety action plans.
- Assist in management of Drug Free Workplace and fitness for duty programs.
- Coordination and management of worker’s compensation cases, as well as coordination of return-to-work with Human Resources.
- Assist local management and employees with safety and environment concerns.
- Lead environmental and safety regulatory and compliance inspections.
- Ensure all safety and environmental requirements are completed on time and all required reports are submitted before mandated deadlines.
What You Offer
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, or related science is an asset.
- Safety certification an asset.
- 3 or more years’ experience in environmental, safety and health management. Wood products or pulp and paper industry experience preferred; manufacturing safety experience required.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and related standards and regulations.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word and Access).
- Commitment to high Safety and Environmental Standards.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive/energetic team environment.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Ability to function under pressure.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.