EHS Coordinator, Val-d’Or, Quebec
When you join our team as a EHS Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and environmental needs of our Val d’Or manufacturing operations are met in the areas of policy, program, procedure and implementation. This includes safety and environment action plans, regulatory training and compliance, emergency preparation and response, safety inspections, incident investigations, root cause analysis and follow-up, and special projects.
What You’ll Do
- Implementation of developed processes and systems in safety, health and the environment.
- Facilitate, participate in, and/or coordinate employee involvement activities including safety committees, employee-led safety initiatives, safety improvement project teams, etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of manufacturing safety and environmental action plans including emergency response planning and drills.
- Assist in the maintenance of employee safety and environmental communications and training programs.
- Facilitate, participate or oversee safety and environmental inspections and ensure the management of compliance with regulatory safety requirements.
- Assist in accident/incident investigations – help with investigative process as well as ensuring follow up actions are applicable and completed in a timely fashion.
- Support the implementation of the risk assessment program and determine the priority of actions related to the identified risks.
- Manage and maintain the workplace health and safety statistics and produce reports to identify trends and preventative measures.
- Coordinate light duty and return to work programs by collaborating with regulatory and/or a 3rd party claims management company.
- Assist with site-specific training as required.
- Coordinate with other sites to share best practices and ensure consistency where appropriate.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in the health, safety and environmental field is preferred.
- Preference will be given to those with industrial experience and those who have completed safety related courses such as:
- CRSP designation or equivalent
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate or Diploma
- CSO designation or equivalent
- First aid courses (levels 1, 2 or 3)
- Hazard recognition and incident investigation training
- Fall protection use or trainer certification
- Mobile equipment operator certification or trainer certifications
- French required (English and French bilingualism would be considered an asset)
- Commitment to high Safety and Environmental Standards.
- Must have strong leadership, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive/energetic team environment.
- Self-organized, detail and results oriented.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new processes and different systems.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.