Divisional Accountant, Capital Projects, Val-d’Or,
When you join our team as a Divisional Accountant, Capital Projects, you will report to the Sawmill controller and will be based at our Regional Office of Val-D’or/Montreal location in Quebec or Timmins/Sudbury location in Ontario (can be any other location in our operating area). You will track capital projects, prepare capital spend requests, and produce investment projects analyses for all operations of Eastern division of Interfor. You will also work closely with the technical project management team.
What You’ll Do
- Produce capital spend requests with the technical team.
- Act as a financial and accounting resource person for everything related to capital investment projects.
- Establish and analyze the financial impacts of projects.
- In collaboration with project managers, track, and control project costs
- Accurately record the appropriate financial transactions and adhere to accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure that solid internal controls are in place to protect the company’s assets.
- Interact with internal and external auditors to carry out audits.
- Prepare annual capital expenditure budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Be proactive and involved in operational activities by regularly visiting production sites to learn about and meet specific local requirements and stay up to date on current operational challenges.
- Be responsible for other ad hoc financial analyses and projects that may be assigned to you.
- Produce variance analyses for project tracking and propose recommendations for continuous improvement.
What You Offer
- Have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance as well as a professional accounting title.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Be very familiar with the Microsoft Office suite, including in-depth knowledge of Excel, Power Query, and accounting systems.
- Have strong knowledge of accounting and reporting for financial standards.
- Experience with ERP systems; knowledge of SAP or Oracle is an asset.
- Fluency in English and French (spoken and written).
- Strong attention to detail as well as both technical and analytical skills.
- Resourcefulness, independence, and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on a team.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Flexibility and excellent customer service skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.