Day Labourer (Dry Kiln/Boiler Operator Replacement), Val-d’Or, Quebec
When you join our team as a Day Labourer (Dry Kiln/Boiler Operator Replacement), you will be hired as a permanent day labourer (sawmill operations) ($26.04/hr), but you will also temporarily replace the dry kiln operator ($28.58/hr).
What You’ll Do
- Prep and operate the dry kilns and the boiler.
- Know how to operate the dry kilns and the boiler.
- Conduct mechanical checks.
- Administer chemical tests and know how to interpret the results.
- Conduct maintenance on the cell and other sector components.
- Perform operations on and clear obstructions in the dry kilns.
- When required, clear snow from around buildings.
- Perform all other related tasks at the request of your supervisor.
- Be familiar with safe working methods and drying standards.
- Comply with health and safety rules and standards.
- Obtain a positive assessment of your skills and abilities for the position.
- Complete the training for a Class-4 stationary engine mechanic.
- Take training on your workstation.
- Take training for a Class-4 stationary engine mechanic.
- Hold the position for a minimum of 2 years.
- Do not take vacation at the same time as the permanent dry kiln operators.
What You Offer
- Responsiveness, sense of responsibility, and independence.
- Manual dexterity, concern for health and safety.
- Master aspects related to quality, compliance, techniques, and measurements of allowed tolerance levels.
- Be comfortable using computers.
- Have good physical abilities.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package. We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.