Database Administrator, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Database Administrator, you will be accountable for administrating, maintaining, tuning, optimizing, and monitoring various database applications within the organization. The DBA is also
responsible for monitoring and creating regular backup processes, data
replication, encryption, and data integrity checking.
What You’ll Do
- Install and configure SQL Server.
- Monitor servers with Spotlight.
- Deploy SQL scripts and SSIS packages to production.
- Troubleshoot Agent jobs and SSIS packages to provide information to developers about failed jobs.
- Monitor backups and archives of backups.
- Able to write TSQL queries.
- Able to understand and modify PowerShell scripts (bonus to have this rather than requirement).
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role.
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
What You Offer
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or a related field.
- Additional education, training or membership of organizations relevant to information technology Data Warehouse methodologies or other related fields is an asset.
- Microsoft SQL Server certification(s) is an asset.
- Tableau Server architecture knowledge is an asset.
- Experience with ServiceNow – IT Business Management Agile Development is an asset.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in working with data sets.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Agile training is an asset.
- Lumber industry and related experience is an asset.
- At least 2 years working with Microsoft SQL Server DBMS.
- Strong T-SQL coding expertise executing complex transformations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people both internally and externally.
- Highly organized with the ability to work on many different projects/initiatives simultaneously and with minimum supervision.
- Fast learner with a high sense of urgency and welcomes challenges.
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify issues that pose risks to the success of initiatives.
- A proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humour or your ability to have fun on the job.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.