Customer Service and Logistics Coordinator, Montreal, Quebec
When you join our team as a Customer Service and Logistics Coordinator, you will report to the Director of Logistics, and you will be responsible for developing and maintaining excellent
customer relationships specifically for our Sault Ste-Marie I-Joist mill. You will also be responsible for coordinating finished product shipping via truck
and rail in collaboration with the site’s key partners.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for maintaining excellent business relationships with exclusive customers for our “I” joist processing mill based in Sault Ste-Marie, to ensure full and complete satisfaction according to service commitments.
- Act as the primary point of contact for managing the relationship, as well as processing orders in an efficient and professional manner.
- Responsible for managing the order file, in compliance with production schedules, as well as production and shipping dates as committed to customers.
- Responsible for managing customer database in the system by ensuring the integrity of information such as : price lists, production of reports, etc.)
- Support the sales strategy by shipping finished products while respecting budgets, deadlines, customer expectations, etc.
- Work closely with sales, production, mills and carriers to optimize shipments to meet customer needs.
- Analyze and review shipping needs in order to achieve and optimize inventory and shipping targets.
- Provide support to the mill for all situations or problems related to transportation and logistics.
- Provide any recommendations for continuous improvement and contribute to their implementation.
- Dispatch loads based on priorities and inventory availability
- Work closely with carriers and other logistics service providers on daily basis to ensure inventory turns and accurate shipment.
- Identify and suggest shipping alternatives to reduce costs and allow the company to remain competitive.
- Work with SAP system and related reports.
- Act as a back up for members of the logistics team as needed.
- Prepare various analyses and reports as needed.
- Perform any other task related to the function.
What You Offer
- Diploma of college studies in logistics, transportation, or any other area deemed relevant, or the equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in logistics operations (truck and rail), in a manufacturing industrial environment.
- Have significant experience in customer service in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a similar role in the lumber industry is a major asset.
- Be comfortable using computer tools, such as Excel and SAP.
- Proficiency in French and English spoken and written.
- Excellent organizational skills, sense of urgency; and ability to adapt.
- Curiosity and business acumen.
- Demonstrate proactivity and discipline with deadlines.
- Excellent ability to establish and maintain good business relationships.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.