Controller, Northwest Manufacturing, Molalla,
When you join our team as a Controller, Northwest Manufacturing, you will be responsible for financial reporting, analytical support to facilitate
business improvement, and maintenance of appropriate controls and processes to
ensure the integrity of financial information. The Controller provides
financial guidance and coordination on strategic initiatives, leads the annual
planning process, and drives continuous improvement of financial processes and systems. There will be flexibility for this role to be hybrid. Ideally, we would like someone based out of our Molalla, OR location, but are open to any of our PNW locations.
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership and supervision to the Northwest finance team to support their growth and development.
- Lead the financial closing process at month/quarter/year end for the Northwest Manufacturing operations.
- Ensure the timely, accurate and consistent preparation of monthly financial statements for both regional and consolidated financial and statistical reporting purposes.
- Develop financial models for existing and new business initiatives.
- Provide regional management with financial analyses in support of decision making to maximize profitability and manage working capital.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the regional strategic and annual plans.
- Manage the capital spending request process.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to, and strong internal controls are in place to safeguard the company’s assets.
- Support the needs of external
and internal audits and various tax reporting requirements
What You Offer
- CPA designation is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in progressively senior accounting roles in a manufacturing operation.
- Fiber/Timber experience is an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience leading and mentoring accounting staff.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Oracle Fusion Cloud Financials is an asset.
- Ability to travel between operations as needed.
- Positive, proactive, detailed oriented and driven to succeed.
- Effective organizational, planning, implementation, and follow-up skills.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented individual who incorporates goal setting and action-planning to achieve success.
- Detail oriented with strong financial reporting, modelling, and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to lead, mentor and develop team members towards growth and succession.
- Ability to ensure work is accurate and completed under tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.