Business Analyst, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the company’s MDE solution, the Data Gathering System (DGS), at each of its operations. The DGS system provides unified, real-time reporting from mill production equipment responsible for the manufacturing of lumber. Once implemented, the Junior Analyst will be responsible for system support, troubleshooting and identification of future enhancements.
What You’ll Do
- Evaluate each prospective DGS deployment for site readiness.
- Work with infrastructure to prepare necessary servers and request network enhancements.
- Meet with site personnel to evaluate business processes and elicit information necessary for successful configuration and deployment of the DGS software according to Interfor standard.
- Identify and facilitate connections to primary mill assets (optimizers/PLCs) at each operation.
- Become familiar with manufacturing practices and flows within sawmills, planers, and kilns.
- Gather site reporting requirements and compare to Interfor standard, noting gaps in data and processes.
- Configure control tables responsible for successful onboarding and standardization of machine data.
- Identify and resolve variances between reports generated by mill optimizers and those by DGS.
- Request Active Directory user and group security assignments via the service desk.
- Provide users with training on how to maintain and use the system and its features.
- Document systems change requests for internal review.
- Communicate directly with uses and vendors via e-mail, phone and in person.
- Employ critical-thinking skills to identify and troubleshoot problems.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree either in Computer Science, Statistics, or Business. Or equivalent.
- Software Developer or Analyst experience in a Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Microsoft SQL is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive/energetic team environment.
- Positive, proactive, detailed oriented and driven to succeed.
- Ability to self-direct and work under timeline pressures.
- Must be willing to contribute to team goals and responsibilities.
- Willingness to keep up to date on industry knowledge through research, formal education and vendor information.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.