Boiler Kiln Operator – Day & Night Shifts, Bloomingdale, Georgia
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United
States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer
one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best
in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by
training, education and great benefits. Plus, you’ll be working with the
industry’s latest technologies in clean, safe and modern mills. Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies
in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our
Boiler Kiln Operators – Day and Night Shifts Available
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to
join our team as a Kiln Operator in Meldrim, GA.
What You’ll Do
- Housekeeping around the CDK and Batch Kilns includes picking up boards on the ground, loose hoses from air compressors, shoveling dry shavings on the ground, and any other housekeeping duties directed by the Kiln Lead or Supervisor.
- Observe operation and maintenance of burner systems to produce quality lumber.
- Gather daily production information from the Batch Kilns and CDK.
- Scan trend charts, moisture reports, load charges, and fuel consumption.
- Daily moisture checks on all kiln charges pulled using moisture meter hand held and probe. Download moisture information into database for grade/defect information.
- Perform preventive and daily maintenance techniques required to maintain burners, kilns and tram carts as needed.
- Establish and maintain efficient drying schedules for each product.
- Perform limited breakdown maintenance and daily housekeeping duties.
- Adhere to all safety policies and perform tasks in a safe and responsible manner to one’s person and no damage to mill property occurs in any way.
- Ensure compliance with EPA policies.
- Participate in quarterly company boiler system cleanout.
- Maintain a record of day-to-day and unusual events in the log book and other records as required.
- Achieve forklift certification by a certified forklift “Train-the-Trainer”.
- Communicate daily with the incoming kiln operator prior to changing shifts.
- Assist in reclaiming shavings throughout complete shift for direct fire burners.
- Work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and long shifts during shutdown.
- Adhere to all safety regulations especially lockout/tagout. Attend safety meetings.
- Accurately maintain daily downtime reports and complete necessary checklists.
- Responsible for reporting any wood turned over or put back in reentry.
- Maintain downtime report for burners and/or kiln operations.
- Assist with maintenance of kilns and burners.
- Responsible for pushing in and pulling out charges into kilns making sure no damage is sustained to kiln or kiln carts. Make sure all baffles and doors are secure and out of the way.
- Perform any other task deemed necessary by the Supervisor or Manager.
What You Offer
- High School education or GED equivalent preferred but not required.
- Must be able to complete Kiln Operator training within six months upon date of hire.
- Must be a team worker.
- Must be able to use computer efficiently.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and, organization abilities.
- Mechanical aptitude and computer experience a plus.
- Must be forklift certified and able to load/unload lumber.
Position requires constant walking, standing, climbing stairs, bending and lifting (Up to 50 lbs.)
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.