Automated Systems Specialist, Montreal, Quebec
When you join our team as a Automated Systems Specialist &
Operational technology (OT), you will be responsible for the implementation, support and improvement of automated systems and their networks. You will also be involved in the monitoring of the different energies used by working closely with all stakeholders to meet the specific needs of the sawmills in Quebec and Ontario.
Reporting to the Director, Automation, you will support the various teams in place in the plants, offering your expertise and technical support in the implementation of control systems and programming, in compliance with the regulations and health and safety procedures in force.
What You’ll Do
- Provide support and expertise through active involvement in activities related to the development and improvement of plant automation systems in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders. This may include, but is not limited to:
– Any automation initiative on platforms.
– Any project involving electrical design, programming, instrumentation, and industrial technologies.
– Configuration and maintenance of various automation systems.
– Configuration and maintenance for optimal use of communication networks for equipment control and monitoring systems.
– Configuration and measurement of the different energies for an optimal use of the resources.
– Documentation of modifications and interventions carried out according to current practices.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a relationship based on collaboration and quality of service with plant stakeholders.
- Follow the processes necessary to process routine operational files with the plants in an efficient and safe manner.
- Execute requests for assistance diligently and be directly involved in the processing, depending on the nature or complexity.
- Participate in obsolescence related projects.
- Oversees professional development and proposed development activities and is aware of best practices related to his/her field of expertise.
- Document the various interventions, in accordance with the standards and expectations of management.
- Participate in various other Ad hoc projects as needed.
What You Offer
- Degree in electrical / automated controls or any combination of education and relevant experience in a similar role.
- At least five years experience in troubleshooting automation systems and networking.
- Understand the different energies used in the wood transformation process.
- Possess a strong technical background in troubleshooting with multidisciplinary teams.
- Have a track record of significant achievements in troubleshooting and improving operational performance.
- Must be fluent in both languages (English – French oral and written).
- Familiarity with MS Office suite computer systems and specialized programming systems (Studio 5000, CX One, Unity, etc.).
- Be available to travel on a regular basis to plants in Quebec and Ontario.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrate commitment, agility, and strong ability to work under pressure.
- Strong diagnostic and remote problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Skilled in planning, organizing, prioritizing and time management.
- Strong work ethic and good judgment.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package. We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.