Accounts Payable Specialist, Peachtree City, Georgia
When you join our team as a Accounts Payable Specialist, you will have two primary areas of responsibility; processing accounts payable invoices and providing support to accounting and/or administrative staff.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure that purchase orders have been properly approved.
- Matches vendor’s invoices with authorizing document (matching of the invoice to the purchase orders and receiving document).
- Verify that check requisitions are properly approved prior to processing and communicating required changes to the proper person.
- Verify all invoice extensions and totals, calculate discounts and sales tax where applicable, and input vouchers for payment within stated terms.
- Assess sales and use taxes on invoices where applicable.
- Review invoices and check requests for proper general ledger account coding.
- Prepare check requests for approval and processing.
- Enter approved payment vouchers into accounting system for payment.
- Maintain organized files for invoices that have been processed.
- Prepare vendor maintenance forms for submission to the corporate office for processing. Maintain a file of all forms submitted.
- Review vendor statements and communicate and discrepancies to the vendor.
- Verify the employee expense reimbursement forms are properly documented, approved, and coded.
- Assist any other areas as needed.
What You Offer
- Equivalent Education Level Required – High school graduate, post-secondary education preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of data entry and/or customer service experience is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word and Access)
- Basic bookkeeping and accounting knowledge as well as proficient data entry skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX is considered an asset but not mandatory.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to multitask and manage a number of different areas.
- Ability to communicate and interact efficiently and professionally with external vendors and internal customers.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.