Accounts Payable / Receivable Supervisor, Montreal, Quebec
When you join our team as a Accounts Payable / Receivable Supervisor, reporting to the Director of Finance, Operations, you will manage a team responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and expenses. You will perform a variety of administrative, accounting, and accounts payable/receivable support functions while leading and supervising the staff under your responsibility.
What You’ll Do
- Manage, coach, and see to the professional development of your team members to enhance the available skill level and expertise.
- Provide expertise and guidance to the team to promote, implement and enforce best practices within the department.
- Support the entire accounts payable/receivable cycle and support the team in handling and resolving complex cases.
- Oversee the creation and management of master data for vendors and customers.
- Identify, analyze, and implement internal control processes.
- Ensure compliance with sales tax regulations.
- Help prepare documentation for various audits.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger and bank accounts and process accounting entries.
- Produce various reports and analyses related to accounts payable/receivable.
- Interact with the corporate cash management team, depending on the type of project.
- Manage and improve the Concur system as per the expense report policy.
- Perform all other tasks or assignments related to the position.
What You Offer
- Have a college or university degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Have a minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar role, including experience supervising a team.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including in-depth knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience with ERP systems; knowledge of SAP, specifically FI, CO and MM modules is an important asset
- Proficiency in oral and written English and French.
- Flexibility and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail as well as both technical and analytical skills.
- Resourcefulness, independence, and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to make information understandable and to work on a team.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and decision-making skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.