Accounting Intern, Chase, British Columbia
When you join our team as an Accounting Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn about the business world and gain valuable, hands-on experience. You will be responsible for working with and assisting the Accounting Team. We are currently recruiting for the following locations in BC:
- Adams Lake
- Grand Forks
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our interns by providing a working experience where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer competitive compensation for students including the following:
- Salaries starting from $3,850 per month based on year in school
- Temporary Living Allowances of $1,500 per month
What You’ll Do
- Process accounting entries associated with month end close.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording of financial transactions in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Assist and provide backup support to other accounting staff.
What You Offer
- Currently working towards an undergraduate degree or diploma in Accounting.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word & Excel).
- Strong analytical intuition and problem-solving skills.
- Quick learner with a keen interest in developing operational accounting skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to communicate written and verbal information effectively and courteously, and to clarify requirements.
- A service focused approach.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.